The summer is filled with many events for our Back Mountain Community. This year is no exception. Every summer the Irem Pavilion is filled with people who still faithfully follow two of the top rock n’ roll bands of the area. For over a half century, Eddie Day & The Starfires along with Joe Nardone & The All Stars have been packing them in. Last year, too many fans waited too long to get their tickets with a sellout crowd. The Rev. Roger Griffith, co-founder, bassist and vocalist for the Starfires says: “they just keep coming year after year to relive the wonderful memories of the good old days of rock n’ roll. Both bands have played almost every venue there is but are best remembered for the dances at Hanson’s Amusement Park at Harvey’s Lake, The Starfire and Stardust ballrooms, Sandy Beach and Sans Soui Amusement Park. Both bands have written and recorded their own songs and have played with many top recording artists of the 50’s, 60’s and 70”s. The event will be held again this year in the outdoor pavilion at Irem Country Club in Dallas on August 12th. The continuous music and dancing is from 7:30 to 11:30 PM. Door opens one hour prior to the dance to accommodate the large crowd who want to get their free pizza and favorite beverage. Only tickets sold in advance will be accepted. No tickets will be sold at the door. The cost per ticket is $26.00 and can be purchased at Dymond’s Farm Market & Bakery in Shavertown, or Gallery of Sound Music Store in Wilkes-Barre, Hazleton and Scranton. Reservations can be made for tables of ten. No ticket sales at the door. Reunion dance sold out the past two years prior to the event.
- Summer Reunion Dance featuring The Starfires and Joe Nardone and the All Stars.
- Where: Irem Temple Country Club Pavilion in Dallas, PA.
- When: August 12th, 2017 from 7:30 till 11:30 (doors open at 6:30).
- Donation is $26.00 which includes free beer, pizza, pretzels & chips.
- Reserved tables are available for groups of ten or more with pre-purchased tickets
- Tickets Available at all Gallery of Sound locations and Dymond’s Farm Market & Bakery in Shavertown.
- Call 829-3603 for more information.